Sunday, January 31, 2010

What to do with Cresent Rolls?


I had some cresent rolls left from a recent coupon shopping trip. They aren't my favorite thing in the world just baked by themselves, but paired up with other ingredients they are quite good. I felt the urge for cinnamon rolls this morning, but the urge to make the dough and go through the process wasn't there. So I created a litle something that everyone in the family devoured and declared "fabulous." I don't have exact measurements, but the recipe is pretty forgiving. I hope you enjoy!


Apple Cinnamon Cresents
Recipe Source: A Cook's Quest

1Tube of Cresent Rolls
Sugar
Cinnamon
Brown Sugar
1/4 C butter melted
Small apple peeled, and diced

Icing
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 Tbl. softened butter
a few Tbl milk (depends on the consistancy you like)

In a pie plate (I used my stoneware pan) combine a few tablespoons of butter and brown sugar. Mix the butter and sugar together. Set aside.

Unroll one tube of cresents. Don't break them apart into triagles. Instead, press the seams together so you have a rectangle of dough. Brush a layer of melted butter, then top with a sprinkling of sugar, cinnamon and then the brown sugar. Top with sugar and butter mixture with the apples and then roll up starting at the narrown end. Roll up tightly, like a cinnamon roll then cut into eight pieces. Place in the prepared pie plate. Bake at 375 15-20 minutes or until brown and cooked through. (I started checking mine at 15 minutes.)

Top with powdered sugar icing and eat right a way!



Total Cost: $1.65 for 18 rolls
2 Tubes of Cresents .90 (.45 each)
Cinnamon, Sugar and Brown Sugar approx. .25
Apple .35
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment