Monday, May 3, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my all time favorite recipes.  I have never made it because it is hard, and time consuming, but I do eat it...whenever I can which isn't often.  It's a chicken breast, rolled with ham and cheese, often times breaded and then cooked through, and topped with a creamy delicious wine sauce.  When you cut into it, the cheesy ooziness spills onto your plate and then dip it in the sauce..oh my...so good.  But, like I said, I've never made it, and have no desire to do so.  When I saw this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine I jumped right on it.  All the flavors are there, but none of the difficulty.  I loved it, the kids loved it, my husband loved it.  There were no leftovers and that, in my book, means dinner was successful!

There is no picture, because I made this recipe during the height of my back to school adjustment period and forgot but trust me it is good!  There aren't exact measurements because it's pizza, so add more of whatever you like and less of what you don't. 

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Magazine, modified ever so slightly by A Cook's Quest

1 Roll Pizza Dough or make your own
1 jar of Alfredo sauce or make your own
2 cups ham cooked and chopped
2 cups cooked chicken chopped (whatever you have)
Mozzarella Cheese
Swiss Cheese

Unroll the pizza dough and spread onto a cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes in a 425 F oven or until lightly browned.  Top with 1/2-1 cup Alfredo sauce, a sprinkling of Swiss cheese, ham, chicken, mozzarella, then some more Swiss cheese.  Bake at 425 F until the cheeses are melted.  Cut and serve.  Serve with extra Alfredo sauce if desired.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment