Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kansas City Sue's Slow Cooker Chicken

It is slow cooker season at my house.  It seems that when Fall and Winter are here I utilize my slow cooker more than ever.  There is just nothing better for me than coming home to the smell of dinner waiting, especially when the recipe is so utterly simple to make.

Kansas City Sue's Slow Cooker Chicken was discovered at My Kitchen Cafe.  The chicken cooks all day in a flavorful, tangy sauce creating a moist delicious chicken perfect for any variety of side dishes.  I did exactly what Mel did and served ours over rice, spooning the extra sauce over the top.  Delicious!



Kansas City Sue's Slow Cooker Chicken
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from  My Kitchen Cafe

Printable Version

*Serves 6-ish
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup low-sodium beef broth

Place the chicken in the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients. Whisk well. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice or noodles.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I will be doing this recipe fo' shizzle! I am the crock pot queen during fall/winter. I will have to bookmark ALL your slow cooker recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have slow cooker recipes that you love send them my way...I would love to add them to my huge list of "must make" recipes.

    PS I still have your "Yummy Goodness" recipe, waiting to be made :)

    ReplyDelete