Friday, November 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Struesel Brownies

I have to start with the disclaimer I didn't make these delectable little bites of chocolate peanut butter dellciousness. Br2, my seven year daughter who has inherited my love of making yummy food, made these babies all by herself.  She found the recipe, prepared the recipe, and with hardly any guidance from me she baked these brownies to take to Thanksgiving dinner so that she had her very own dish to bring like, "all the other girls." 

They are rich, delicious, and a great addition to any dessert buffet!  We used a brownie mix because at the last minute I discovered I was all out of cocoa, but this brownie recipe (minus the mint candy) or your favorite recipe would work beautifully with the peanut butter struesel topping.  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Struesel Brownies
Recipe Source: Modified from Plain Chicken

1 Recipe Brownies, prepared and poured into prepared pan

Topping:
Combine the following ingrediets until crumbly
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/3 cup  peanut butter
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/8 tsp. salt until blended and crumbly.

Line a 9x9 pan with tin foil allowing to hang over the edge of the pan.  This will allow you to lift the brownies right out of the pan. 

Pour batter into pan and sprinkle peanut butter mixture over batter. Bake according to your recipe at 350 F until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.  Br2's brownies took about 57 minutes.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So IMPRESSED! I don't think I had made anything at the age of 7, except a bowl of cereal. I think the first thing I ever cooked was peanut butter cookies and I asked my mom so many questions (as she was running out the door) that she almost imploded.

    ReplyDelete