Monday, February 25, 2013

Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce

Secret Recipe Club


I am so excited to share this recipe with all of you today!  Why, you ask?  Well two reasons.  First, because today is Secret Recipe Club reveal day and I was assigned to an AMAZING blog and second, because the AMAZING blog is packed full of healthy, but delicious recipes.
Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce

The recipe I am in love with is Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce and it comes from Laura over at The Healthy Jalapeno.  Her blog is full of recipes that are made with fresh ingredients that are good for your body.  She says she has, "no special talents," but don't believe that because her food is awesome!  Every recipe she makes for her new hubby and herself looks tasty, with a capital T!  
I first contemplated one of her many smoothie recipes , because I am always in a rush in the mornings and need a filling, healthy breakfast.  Then I spent some time on her snacks page drooling over a ton of options for my wine book club, (doesn't this Carmelized Onion Tart with Gorgonzola and Brie look heavenly ) But, I finally listened to a craving I had been having and felt inspired to make  Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli  because I wanted some french fries to pair with my oven baked chicken fingers

These Sweet Potato Fries were a hit with my entire family!  They were sweet and a little bit spicy.  I loved the garlic dipping sauce so much that I decided to use it as a dip for bread later in the evening.   For the sauce, I added fresh garlic instead of granulated garlic, and used reduced fat mayonnaise and sour cream to reduce the calories and fat.  I especially like that these fries are easy to make, and can take the place of a regular fry anytime.  I have found my go to healthy option with this recipe! ENJOY!!

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries 
with Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
Recipe Source: The Healthy Jalapeno

**Please note, I tripled the recipe so that I had enough fries for my family.  I am posting the recipe as I prepared it.  You may need to adjust your quantities depending on the serving size you need.**

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into french fries
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper 
3/4 paprika
additional salt if desired for sprinkling over the top after the fries are out of the oven

Garlic Aioli 
**Again, cut this down or increase depending on the amount you are serving**
3 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream 
3 large garlic cloves, very finely minced (you may use granulated garlic as well)
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper

Pre-heat your oven to 400 F.  While it is heating up, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.  



In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, egg whites, salt, chipotle powder, pepper, and paprika.


Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly with the coating.  



Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake for about 20 minutes on one side and another 20 minutes on the second side or until tender and brown on the edges.  Sprinkle with salt and serve with garlic aioli or your favorite dipping sauce.



Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Sweet potatoes are a favorite, that sauce looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, the sauce is delicious! I can't wait to make it again.

      Delete
  2. Sweet potato fries are awesome with garlic aioli dipping sauce -- just the way they serve 'em up in the restaurants! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I have never had them before. I will have to try them at a restaurant and see how they compare!

      Delete
  3. I don't like sweet potatoes, but I LOVE sweet potato fries! They are so good! And you just can't stop eating them :)

    Happy Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I didn't think I liked sweet potatoes, but these fries changed my mind!

      Delete
  4. I made these last night, too funny. They were incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sweet potato fries look amazing! I really love them when they are cooked like this and that sauce just looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had these and they are amazing! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sweet potato fries, and yours look amazing.

    Thank you so much for being a member of the Secret Recipe Club, and sharing your cooking talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, thanks for checking in! I love the SRC!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, these sound So delicious. Love that dipping sauce with them, too - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! This all sounds really good. I've never made an aioli but thinking I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did someone say chipotle!? These look awesome! Great choice for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yumm! I absolutely love homemade baked sweet potato fries. I think they're a million times better than any I've ever gotten in a restaurant and definitely better than the store bought frozen kind

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sweet potato fries look so delicious! We are big sweet potato fans! We would love to have you link up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party and share your amazing recipes with us! We hope to hear from you! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete