Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt




Today's recipe isn't technically a recipe, but it has become one of my favorite food treats.  I love that it gives me protein, but also tastes like dessert at the same time.  It is cheap, it is easy to make, is portable, and it can be changed to suit your tastes.

I discovered this recipe on Pinterest, and have not changed it very much.  This version is my favorite, but I have made other additions such as white chocolate chips, strawberries  blueberries, and different flavors of yogurt.  You can really do anything you want with it.  ENJOY!


Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

1 small container Greek yogurt (I prefer vanilla flavor, but you can do use any flavor/brand you like)
1 healthy teaspoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
a splash of vanilla (I really like vanilla)
a dash of salt (because I like the sweet and salty combination)

Combine and enjoy!  

I take this in my lunch and mix it all together right before I eat it.

Other flavor combinations include:

Vanilla Yogurt, white chocolate chips and strawberries or blueberries
Strawberry Yogurt, chocolate chips, vanilla, granola
Lemon Lime Yogurt, white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! I sometimes combined Greek yogurt w/protein powder and almonds or chia seeds. I never thought to add peanut/almond butter!
    M.Rosales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't use it plain!!!!!! I spit it out right after I put it in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace, I agree with you! Some people like it that way, but it's not my taste at all. I always add honey or sweetener if I only have plain yogurt on hand. Better luck next time!

      Delete