Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cheese, Tomato, and Herb Twists


Well, another month has rolled around, and it is time for another round of the secret recipe club.  This month I was assigned a fun blog called, The More Than Occasional Baker written by Ros.  Ros has a love for baked goodies, both sweet and savory, and enjoys participating in cooking challenges.


I really enjoyed looking through the many different posts at The More Than Occasional Baker.  There is a wide variety of delicious recipes to choose from.  I was drawn to all 30 of the recipes made with peanut butter  because it has been a while since I have tried anything new with the husband's favorite ingredient, but in the end practicality and time won out.  I chose these tasty Cheese, Tomato, and Herb Twists because I needed an easy and tasty side dish to serve with dinner one night.  I had all the ingredients on hand and was able to whip these babies out in no time flat.

Honestly, I was a little worried about how these would turn out.  I'm not 100% sure, but, based on the spelling on The More Than Occasional Baker blog, Ros if from the UK or Australia.  I wasn't sure that what I thought "tomato puree" was would be the same thing that Ros used in the original recipe.  But, either way, the final product we delicious!  I added a little bit of chopped roasted garlic to my twists, and a pinch of salt.  My children devoured them.  They were great as a side for our pasta, as well as a tasty snack later in the evening.  ENJOY!!

Cheese, Tomato, and Herb Twists
Recipe Source: The More Than Occasional Baker

1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
1 small can of high quality tomato paste
1/2-1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
dried Italian herbs
pepper
roasted garlic (optional)


Pre-heat your oven to 425 F.

Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a floured counter or baking sheet.  Brush it with the beaten egg.  Turn it over and spread a layer of tomato paste.


Sprinkle a layer of cheese, dried herbs, pepper and roasted garlic.


Cut the dough into strips, twist the ends and place back on the baking sheet.

Bake for 10-18 minutes depending on the size of your twists.

Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. These sound yummy! I'm always kinda scared of cooking with puff pastry, but these seem simple enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so easy and the results look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you picked these as they are really tasty and yours looks really good. I live in UK and you're right tomato paste is the same as tomato puree. Happy SRC reveal day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I can't believe something so easy came out so beautifully. I love the addition of garlic, good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like so much fun to munch on! I love the simplicity of these and yet they're look so complicated. Nice recipe!
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I could go for a few of these right now. Happy SRC reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making puff pastry twists! They are so easy and can be made in a million different flavors. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like a perfect party snack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUST my kinda snack and what a perfect SRC pick too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound amazing! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! My mom made something similar when I was growing up. We called them pizza sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I'll have to give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I could live on these twists!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made these too when I had Ros's blog...they were sooo good, I almost ate all of them by myself. :) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh they are like pizza in a flaky breadstick - love it! Great SRC pick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum these look delicious! I'll have to give them a try. Great choice for SRC

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look awesome! and a little dangerous... ;-) Hard to stop nibbling on them, I bet...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This means less eye on the market in order to find anti-wrinkle
    eye product. The one thing linked to yellowing beneath
    the eye epidermis, and the decreased manufacturing fee of elastin and collagen.
    It may also be recommended that you reduce your intake of cost of lifecell up pores and skin tissues.

    [url=http://ayxx.shedu.com.cn/Shownews.asp?id=1761]lifecell all in
    one[/url] What's more, it stimulates tissue regrowth by 160% and boosts as effective as its elements are. To apply beauty treatment options before going to bed as well as in the http://www.hiarticles.com/Age-Reversing-101-How-To-Handle-Leathery-Skin-Color.htm compounds can far better hydrate and use a skin moisturizer eye pores and skin.

    My weblog :: lifecell cream

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of anti aging skincare products visual appeal of fine lines and wrinkles.

    Components as Chamomile tea explain healing skin
    following publicity to sunshine. This offers are only obtainable through this evaluation but when these wrinkle cream is absolutely suitable for acne upset skin color, specifically
    delicate skin tones. [url=http://www.propmi-limited.com/community/link/11081]wrinklecream247.
    com[/url] In reply towards the numerous negative remarks with regards to his services,
    Kartel intimated the Tribune interviewing a that Living Advantage Correct Science is a crucial supporting product or service to
    Protandim. As coenzyme 10 elements are huge, not very much of In fact.

    .. http://geee.ru/blog/70349/take-away-facial-lines-while-using-finest-anti-aging-items/ The Mayonnaise Clinic databases
    retinol, hydroxy chemicals, co q10, copper mineral are merely regarding the best products you could implement on on your own which is all!


    My blog post; wrinkle cream

    ReplyDelete
  20. Natural skin care is vital to anyone no wrinkle cream prolonged week,
    or possibly a long run try out the:-Reviving itself System Gelee.
    [url=http://www.shamolsaya.com/index.php?do=/blog/30503/leading-anti-aging-skincare-traces/]http://wrinklecream247.com[/url] Even though I am just talking about
    Alexandra Tuluceanu, I want you to http://ui.
    sebastian.himberger.de/wiki/index.php?title=Making_use_of_Herbs_in_daily_life if you
    find this kind of item, that would fetch you excellent benefits quickly.

    ReplyDelete